The information we collect and how we use it
What type of information do we collect?
CS-STRATEGIES collects information from you when you create your account on the Site, request copies of publications, subscribe to newsletters and press releases sent by e-mail, search for additional information about our services or job offers, search databases, or register for conferences and other events sponsored by CS-STRATEGIES. If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to create an account on the Site, request copies of publications, subscribe to newsletters and press releases sent by e-mail, or seek additional information about our services or job offers.
The personal data we collect includes, but is not limited to: names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, unique personal identifiers, financial information, areas of interest and/or demographic data.
In addition, we sometimes aggregate demographic information as well as data on the type of systems and browsers of users. CS-STRATEGIES may also conduct surveys of users on the Internet or use certain technologies to provide CS-STRATEGIES with information in several areas, such as the identity of users, their viewing habits, the success or otherwise of their searches, the relevance of the Site's content to users' needs, etc.
How do we use personal data?
Our purpose and our use of your personal data will depend on your use of the Site and the personal information provided. We process your personal data:
- in order to preserve the legitimate interests pursued by the CS-STRATEGIES. This includes the fact that:
- Inform you of updates to the service and products and services offered by CS-STRATEGIES that may be of interest to you, including any information regarding publications or events
- Personalize your experience on the Site with relevant CS-STRATEGIES information
- Promote our understanding of the profile of Site users, identify their areas of interest and verify that the Site is well designed to work with the computer settings of most of our visitors
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of CS-STRATEGIES marketing programs on different channels
- Improve the content of our site and navigation
- on the basis of your consent. Insofar as you have consented to the processing of your personal data for specific purposes (for example, for your application form for a position at CS-STRATEGIES), the legality of such processing is based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- in order to comply with a legal obligation. This includes measures to combat fraud and money laundering, as well as requests for information on social security and taxation
We will not sell, share, rent or make available any of your personal data to third parties, except to those who provide services on our behalf and who need access to information in connection with these services. These third parties will only process this information within the framework and limits allocated to CS-STRATEGIES itself for the processing of the said data. In addition, CS-STRATEGIES may disclose your contact information in response to requests from bona fide holders of intellectual property rights in the event of alleged infringement, or infringement of any intellectual property rights arising from information you have published on the Site or otherwise provided to CS-STRATEGIES.
How we may share information about you
Third parties with whom we may share personal data in order to enable us to offer you products and services, and to administer our website include:
- our subsidiaries or affiliates;
- our advisors;
- our third party service providers who process the data on our behalf to perform some of our internal operations, such as e-mail distribution, IT services and marketing or event services;
- our business partners for publications and events jointly organized by CS-STRATEGIES and themselves;
- law enforcement agencies, in order to comply with any legal obligation or judicial decision.
As CS-STRATEGIES is an international organization, we are required to transfer the personal data collected on the Site or by other means to all our companies, in order to enable us to carry out our activities efficiently. This also includes third parties located in different countries around the world, including outside the United States. This may involve the transfer of your personal data to various countries around the world, such as European countries, which have different laws on the protection of personal data. We enter into these agreements or make these transfers only to countries where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the information held in that country. In addition, the Site is accessible and searchable worldwide, including in countries where there are no laws regulating the use and transfer of personal information. By using the Site, sending information via the Site or sending personal data to CS-STRATEGIES by any other means, you expressly consent to such international transfers and to the hosting of such information in such countries and by such third parties.
The storage of your personal data
CS-STRATEGIES keeps your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. We may retain your personal data for longer if it is the subject of a legal request or if it may concern a future dispute.
If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive communications from us, in any form or in any form, you may unsubscribe from such communications by using the link provided in each email we send you. When you subscribe to the CS-STRATEGIES electronic newsletters, you have the option of selecting the promotions, news and information you wish to receive at the time of subscription, and you will then have the option to unsubscribe from said communications.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
CS-STRATEGIES has implemented appropriate operational and technological security processes designed to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or destruction of personally identifiable information. Only authorized employees and service providers will have access to the data you provide to us, and only if necessary. Every employee or service provider who has access to personal data is required to keep it confidential. Although we take protective measures for your personal data that are generally considered to be industry standards, CS-STRATEGIES cannot guarantee that your personal data will not become accessible to unauthorized persons. CS-STRATEGIES shall not be held liable for any action resulting from a security breach when the information is transmitted over the Internet or a public computer network.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites not managed by CS-STRATEGIES.
Compliance with the law
CS-STRATEGIES complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding confidentiality. CS-STRATEGIES may be required to provide a user's or client's personal information to judicial authorities if a subpoena or other administrative or legal order is presented to it, or when the laws, rules and regulations of a country, nation, state or other applicable jurisdiction so require or permit. In addition, in the event of a breach of the general terms and conditions of use of this Site or restrictions on the use of content provided on or through the Site, we may disclose the personal information of the user concerned to our affected business partners or to judicial authorities.
CS-STRATEGIES understands the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in their online interactions. This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18 and does not intentionally target or solicit them.
Use of CS-STRATEGIES websites